To let you enjoy seamless connectivity, WhatsApp, the popular messaging app, has recently introduced a feature that enables you to backup all your chats, images, videos and all on Google Drive. So now, even if you lose your mobile device or change it to a new one, you won’t have to fear losing your communications.
With this new feature available, you can easily identify a Google account and back up all your messages there. You can even set a specific interval at which your messages will automatically be backed up in Google Drive. However, the catch is that this feature has already been rolled out to all the users of Whatsapp but many of them is not totally aware of the feature and how it works!! To check your ability to use this backup feature of whatsapp in Google Drive, this post has made it’s existence.
How to Enable the Google Drive Automatic Backup for Whatsapp?
- Go to the Settings option and select Chats and Calls.
- Check if you are able to see the Chats backup option.
If you can see it, great! However, if not, there’s no reason to lose heart. You don’t really have to wait endlessly while your friends are exploring this feature; with a small turnaround, you can easily get it on your device and heave a sigh of relief too – your data will all be safe!
How to Do it?
- Connect your device to a secured Wi-Fi connection and uninstall the present WhatsApp application from it.
- Using the device where you want to use the feature, launch the WhatsApp website.
- Download the APK file and install it. Run the file to launch the app.
- If you are prompted to install an upgrade for the app, do not do it yet as you will otherwise roll over the feature.
You should now be able to view the new feature on your device and you can easily go ahead and backup your WhatsApp contents.
Now that you are aware of the steps to back up the data, go ahead and reset your phone or take the new device to restore the backup. Isn’t this really simple to pick up the conversations from where you left them last? Do share with us your feedback on this…